Wednesday, November 5, 2014

thrifted threads: layering oxblood


oxblood

according to wikipedia
oxblood is a color considered to be a dark shade of red, 
resembling burgundy, but has more purple and dark brown hues !!!

prior to writing this post, i didn't even know oxblood was a colour .
you really do learn something new everyday !!!

welcome to 'what i wore' wednesday
i'm joining lindsey for some fashion fun 


 i found this tunic in halifax, nova scotia ... over 10 years ago
it was sitting in a dollar bin outside one of the vintage stores by the old library.

originally a dress that went down to my knees, 
i shortened it into a tunic 
(just because i was in a tunic phase at the time)


for extra warmth...
i layer it with a wool vest that i inherited 
from my friend cathy a few years ago.

made with 100% lambswool, 
the vest is perfect when the temperature dips below 10 degrees celsius

we were both channeling our inner buddhists at the time 
and couldn't get enough burgandy into our wardrobe.


finally... for the last layer of coziness,
just in case that north wind decides to chill the air even more...
i add a scarf to the ensemble for insurance.

this was a christmas gift from my adorable mother-in-law.
again, from a little shop in the annapolis valley of nova scotia.


it really is so lovely to be wearing so many fond memories with each layer.
are you wearing any sentimentality today???

erica
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I have never heard of oxblood either, but I have to admit I do like the colour :) Lovely finds today, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oxblood... i kind of like it (despite the visuals...haha) have a great day Kim

      Delete
  2. love the layered look so cozy. Here is not very cold so I'm not wearing knitwear (sniff sniff) but I am thinking about it! I think that's close enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you knit much summer wear? my sister once made me a wonderful cotton tank that i wore through all the warm seasons

      Delete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!