Thursday, May 7, 2015

yummy morsels

i have to confess that
i  am not much of a cook...
i had a friend from my university days (a fellow poor and starving student) 
who once declared 'that he ate to live and that he did not live to eat' !!

i pretty much followed his philosophy until i started breastfeeding... 
both my babies were voracious feeders and it seemed that 
i couldn't get enough good food in me 
and quick enough to help refill the udders.
these were my saving grace...

chickpeas and edamame snacks
ingredients:
2 cans chickpeas and 1 bag frozen edamames
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
directions:
preheat oven to 375 degrees
rinse and drain beans and edamame
drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper
transfer to a baking sheet
bake for 15 minutes, turn and stir, and bake for another 10 minutes
enjoy !!!
other combinations i've tried: 
honey cinnamon - 1 tsp cinnamon, a pinch nutmeg, 2 tbs honey, 1/4 tsp salt
spicy - 1 tbs canola oil, 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs sriracha sauce
garlic parmesan - 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp salt
give them a try and tell me what you think.
i'm warning you now... 
they are addictive !!!

erica
xoxo
joining tracey for a recipe swap.

sriracha sauce for those unacquainted.
usually found in the asian aisle

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Erica, I just found you over at Tracey's recipe swap. These look like a really healthy and tasty snack. The honey cinnamon ones sound good too but I've just got to go and Google 'sriracha sauce' I've never heard of that one before. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Have a cool weekend.
    debx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend wishes they would invent a pill for her to take instead of eating as she has no interest in food at all, something I just don't understand since I think about food....a lot.
    Thank you for joining in and your dish just went on my list. I love sriracha sauce, it's a staple in my house.
    Have a Happy Mother's Day Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love roasted chickpeas in our home, one of my little mans go to snacks :)

    Have a wonderful weekend Erica! xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!