Sunday, November 1, 2015

fall back

it's that time of year again.
did you set your clocks back an hour?  

you can go back to sleep- you know !! 
you have an extra sixty minutes to enjoy dreamland !!
(my little morning conversation with myself this morning
if only my internal body clock would instantly reset,
it will take me about three weeks to adjust (sigh)

i'm an early morning person,
but for the next few weeks,
i'm going to be an even earlier morning person 
who will turn into a zombie by dinnertime.
to tell the truth... i'm loving this extra hour of quiet and solitude 
while everyone else in the house slumbers on.

life has been extra full and busy around here lately, 
so i welcome this gift of extra (me and only me) time.

already, i've been able to sip and enjoy my cup of coffee, do some morning reading, 
and even write this blog post.
now...i'm off to walk the dog, whose internal clock seems to be synchronized with mine,
because he is sitting patiently beside me ready to go,
oblivious that we are  going to be walking the block an hour early.

erica
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I was up super early today and loved it, this time change makes me quite happy. The spring one is horrible for me. I'm sad that my after dinner walk has ended until late April??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was awake early this morning too, and I enjoy the peace and quiet while my little man was still sleeping. Hope you enjoyed your weekend Erica, have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a morning person and have been up way before the sun rises these last few days. I usually head to bed around 10, but last night I found myself heading off at 9, I need to work on that.
    Have a great week.
    PS- Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!