Monday, January 11, 2016

magic pill

suppose you read about a pill
    that you could take once a day to
                reduce anxiety and increase your contentment.

would you take it?
 suppose further that the pill
        has a great variety of side effects,
             all of them good:  increased self-esteem,
                empathy, and trust; it even improves memory.

       suppose, finally, that the pill is 
 all natural and cost nothing.
           now would you take it? the pill exist. 

it is M E D I T A T I O N.
                                                    - jonathan haidt
i came to my meditation practice when my kids were really young and 
i found myself so anxious about everything about motherhood.

i stumbled upon the wisdom of eckhart tolle through his book the power of now 
and i was immediately convinced about taking up the practice.
i was inspired by the way he would meditate on a flower or a tree, on a park bench.

more than sixteen years later...
i'm still working hard on this daily practice of focusing my mind/thoughts/attention. 
 slowly but surely, i'm increasing my ability to maintain that focus.

do it my friends...just do it !!!
it really is a magic pill free for the taking !!!


erica
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Yes, this pill I have no trouble with at all!
    Happy Monday Erica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, I am not sure where I would be without my meditation practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am intrigued............never tried meditating.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!