Tuesday, February 23, 2016

fun stuff: growing blue

here is the blue scrap blanket hiding in my blue glass collection.
i started this blue blanket because i found the 
perfect royal blue yarn for it at the thrift store. 

the yarn actually came from an old thrifted sweater, 
i found hanging on the dollar rack, that i've unravelled.

this is my tenth scrap blanket 
and with the rate of new colour combinations firing through my brain, 
there doesn't seem to be an end in sight to this obsession of mine.

the little green birdie was a present from my mother-in-love.
i'm almost through john lanchester's capital.
it is a great read, the characters are great, 
the story lines are funny yet very analytical of modern society...
but it's not ending too happy.  

i can't wait to watch the bbc version of the book.  
i also picked up twyla tharp's the creative habit.
just what i need...more disciplining of my days !!!
what are you knitting? reading?
care to share?

erica
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. The blues are so calming and pretty. I can't wait to see a picture of the finished blanket. I just started reading "The Bone Clocks" by David Mitchell. It's weird but interesting. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 scrap blankets - wow! I do love the colours in this one. Do you have Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry at all? It comes in blue bottles that are exactly that colour, my Mum used to collect them along the kitchen windowsill and watch the sun shine through. And yay to the Twyla Tharp book - I found it wonderfully motivating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of scrap blankets! The Twyla Tharp book sounds intriguing I am off to check that out.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes I love an unhappy ending...I know, it's weird. Anyways your blanket is beautiful and I love that you make many scrap blankets!! You're a pro!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrap blankets are so awesome - so amazing you're on number 10!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind words... they really do make my day !!!